Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2016

The Long Garden

I am sitting here with the dearest little red rose in front of me. I am so in love with David Austin roses. This is from one of two new bushes we put in this year(and it’s the first of the two to blossom). The other one is “Golden Celebration”.

AprilMay16 033AprilMay16 039AprilMay16 040

This is “L.D. Braithewaite”. I put a cage around this ‘til it opened up, so I wouldn’t lose the little guy to a deer.

MayJune2016 192

We hope to make a long bed for the roses this year. I’ve put a bit of bar-dial soap next to each bush to try and deter the deer. I plan to plant rosemary with them when we have the more permanent bed.

MayJune2016 194

“This rose has the brightest crimson coloring of all the English Roses; standing out when viewed from across the garden.” say the professionals. Bring on a bushful! :)MayJune2016 195

Lovely fragrance too…

No comments:

Post a Comment