Search This Blog

Monday, September 19, 2011

The Italian Dish

The other day I was looking for a recipe for zucchini lasagna and ended up on a blog called “The Italian Dish”. It is so great! I’ll put in a link to her site.

http://theitaliandishblog.com/

Ok, here are couple of the things I’ve tried. I made a strawberry cheesecake parfait; but it ended up different from the original recipe in more than one way. I used strawberries and raspberries, added less sweetener etc. It was soooo good. I want to make something like this again. Definitely a winner, and so easy to make.

golden rod, parfait, and bread 008

Also, aside from some buns I made ages ago (that were stubborn about baking all the way through)--I’ve never made yeast bread. She had a whole post about this really simple method of making artisan bread. (That’s my first loaf below! :) I baked off the last of that batch today and have another batch started in the kitchen. This time I added some shredded cheddar, though.

golden rod, parfait, and bread 011

This blog is definitely a blessing from the Lord. I’m certainly not done having fun there! :)

2 comments:

  1. You are making me very hungry tonight! Thank you so much for visiting me the other day...I adore your sweet blog. Happy week to you...xoxo

    ReplyDelete