Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Impromtu Supper

Supper before last, I made up a dish and tried one that I'd seen that day on a cooking show.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

1. The one on the left is my version (very similar) of a dish made on French Frood at Home.
I cooked some onion, radishes, and peas in butter and seasoned them with salt, (pepper?), and dill. It requires very little cooking, and is unique and tasty. I don't believe I'd ever seen radishes cooked before and was intrigued. Just that short amount of cooking takes off a good bit of that peppery flavor found in radishes. (I do like radishes raw as well.)

2. On the right is a pasta dish wherein I used extra wide whole grain noodles, ground beef, tomato, dried basil, garlic, eggs, milk, water, and salt and pepper.

I wouldn't mind making that vegetable side in the summer using fresh chives and dill. Yum. :)

2 comments:

  1. I have never seen radishes cooked before! I wonder if I would like them that way. I've never cared for raw radishes. I have always thought they tasted like spicy dirt. :p The dish looks good anyway.

    ReplyDelete