Search This Blog

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Avocado

A nicely ripened avocado will have a dark skin and will be slightly soft when pressed.

Now, this is how I like to cut them.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Start from the top. Find the seed with your knife and cut around it.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Twist to open and remove the seed with your fingers.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Score vertically and horizontally.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Invert, and remove the pieces with your fingers or a knife.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I dressed my avocados with salt, pepper, and lime juice. I really recomend adding halved grape tomatoes to this and eating it with corn chips.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I've seen on Mexico One Plate at a Time, that he will lodge his knife into the seed and pull it out that way........but I'm always afraid I'll cut myself. Your way seems safer.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete