Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My mum, grandma, and peach flavoring

I want to talk about food, and a couple of the most important people in my life, my mum and my grandma Marion.


First off my mum--

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Me and my mum making (I think) brownies when I was three.



One of my mothers gifts is encouragement. I thrive under encouragement. She was willing to let me work in the kitchen from a very early age. One day, when I was little, I brought her a "treat" comprised (perhaps entirely) of cool whip and peach flavor. I wonder if she ever finished it?


My Grandma Marion--


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

A birthday party at my house. I'm on my grandma's lap.


My grandmother nurtures and loves with food. My friend Kathy has that quality as well. It's something that I want to emulate in my own life, whether it's offering people a list of options for a snack or fixing a more time consuming meal.


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

A note my grandma left me.


Food is very important to me. It's not just food. When you fix a meal for someone, and you fulfil one of their most basic needs, I think you can communicate in many instances that you genuinely care about them. Even in this seemingly small detail of their life you want them to be fulfilled and happy.


I believe the harmony of families and the condition of society as a whole is hugely affected by food, and so it is very important to me to be a good cook.

1 comment:

  1. A very sweet post........and I love your style of writing. :D

    ReplyDelete