Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

Lebanon: Meal #2

The country of Lebanon is right next to, and smaller than, Israel. The variety in its landscape would allow a person to go skiing on a snowy mountain and swim in the warm Mediterranean on the same day if they wished. They have open markets there, restaurants with literally dozen of appetizers (up to seventy) offered to diners, and Petra--gorgeous, incredible--Petra. Last but certainly not least, Lebanon is referenced in the Bible.


I based my meal off of Saud Amari's "Cooking the Lebanese Way".

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Stuffed tomatoes, homemade lemonade, and eggplant dip to go with...

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

store-bought pita bread

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

cracked wheat (substituted for bulgur) salad

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I used two of these (with the same type of flower) for the table setting.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Some flowers for my table

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I froze red and golden raspberries from our garden into ice cubes for the lemonade, and mixed red and black grapes together for a side.


I think this would be such a neat country to visit.

3 comments:

  1. What a delicious, healthy-looking meal. I love the last photo where you can see the whole meal + place setting. Yum! And it's neat that you added frozen fruit to your ice cubes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say that I also like your floral arrangements. :) Beautiful flowers, and they look pretty in those little "cups".

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stuffed tomatoes look tasty! What are they stuffed with?
    Eggplant dip looks interesting...it would be fun to try sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete