Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

The NICHE Graduation

This May I participated in the NICHE (Network of Iowa Christian Homeschool Educators) graduation ceremony. Here are some photos from my special day. :)


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Me (center) and my sisters Sasha (L) Shaina (R)

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

My foot and my mum's feet :)

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Disbanding after the group photo--I think I might even see myself! We were really packed in for the photo session. Over a hundred and twenty students participated.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

A couple from our church (Dave and Patty Stafford) drove to DesMoines for the ceremony.

My diploma quoted Scripture inside and out. It truly was a special ceremony with focus on God, the students, and the parents. They had a speaker, singing, the pledge of allegiance, and music. They had two readers who would read the students plans for their future, a Scripture reference that was special to them etc. and they would read a charge from the parents/parent to the student. I'm not sure of the order or of all that was said. A grandmother accepted a diploma for her grand daughter who was still on the mission field with her parents, but other than that parents gave their child or children their diploma on the church's stage and the students gave their mothers a rose. I didn't catch much of what was said when it was my turn. I was caught up in the moment and what I needed to do.

Afterwards we ate dinner at the Machine Shed. I'd never eaten at one before. I got the most mammoth ice cream sunday (I shared). I was so full! :)

The ceremony was a wonderful opportunity which I do not regret taking. I would definitely recomend it to other homeschool families.

No comments:

Post a Comment