Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

East Africa: Meal #5

This meal was based and twisted from "Cooking the East African Way" by Bertha Vining Montgomery and Constance Nabwire.

Flowers from our yard

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

The ribbon on the vase is recycled from a tin of homemade sugar cookies that my friend Amanda gave to me. :)

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

My version of their version of Chapati

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Banana and Meat Stew

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

A simple fruit salad of lemon and lime juice, mango, and banana

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I made the stew a couple of days in advance. I believe that gave the falvors a chance to mellow and blend. It wasn't bad; though it may sound a little odd.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

A bonus photo from that night :)

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

2 comments:

  1. I love it! What are the round cookie shaped things? Are they like bread..or are they sweet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are bread. I used what seemed to be rice flour. Sasha doesn't mark her flour from Whole Foods; but that's what she figured it was. I wanted a healthier alternative.

    ReplyDelete