Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hansen Bros. Coffee Shop

This is one of my favorite places in Harlan (even though I rarely drink coffee). As I've said before, it's not what you do--it's how you do it. It's not just a food and drink place. They put style into it. I really appreciate their bent toward organic options; and the shop has a very personal and cozy atmosphere. The way they run this place is like a cliche of what other companies might want to impress on their customers.


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

The board shows different food and drink options written in colored chalk.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

A plaque outside the building

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

It is not uncommon for a group of men to be clustered in one place and a group of women in another. :)

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I like their floor. From the shape of the nail this is probably the original.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

The owners, Jonathan and Jessica

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

They sell some things--like pie shaped slices of rich, gooey brownies and caramel pecan
rolls--that make a great afternoon snack.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Isn't this setting beautiful? Jessica likes to put fresh flowers on different tables.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Shaina enjoying her lunch

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

This sandwhich already had healthy things inside of it; but they took it a step further and put fresh fruit and veggies on the side. I appreciate that.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

My lovely strawberry smoothie. You can have different kinds of smoothies depending on what all they have in stock. Also, you have the option of having it made with ice cream or yogurt. I had mine with ice cream.

The lemonade is another one of my favorite drinks to order there. They have lots of different options if you want to add an additional flavor. I've added things like pomegranate or pear.

When the cold months hit they'll start selling soup; and I'll probably start ordering hot chocolate with flavorings like mint and almond thrown in. :)

2 comments:

  1. A very crunchy place! I love their fruit/yogurt smoothies and the unique + tasty sandwiches. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! Thats funny. I was thinking as I looked at the pictures, this place looks like someplace the Frenches would call crunchy. And then I click to read the comment and... :p

    ReplyDelete